I called in on IMATS London 2011 today to take advantage of the Pro only shopping time and blew my budget in less than two hours but the resulting pile of goodies is very satisfying!
Guru Make-up Emporium
Why? Make Up For Ever at 35% off & "eco-friendly" (i.e. less plastic) disposables
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 13 Warm Beige
- Make Up For Ever Uplighter in 12 Dewy Golden Warm
- Make Up For Ever Diamond Powder in 2 White Gold
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Pencils in 1C Nude Beige and 15C Pink
- Guru Bamboo Disposable Mascara wands
- Make Up For Ever Clutch bag & samples - free gift!
PAM (Make-up Artist Provisions)
Why? Make Up Forever at 20% off
- Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow brushes in 8C, 10C and 16C
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash mascara
Why? I have a love for Lait Creme moisturiser which borders on obsession
- Lait Creme Concentrate (x3)
- Hydra-mat Emulsion
Back Stage Shop
Why? Couldn't find the Ben Nye stand!
- Ben Nye Neutral Set Powder
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
Why? Genius lip tars and pigments
(I had to drag myself away from this stand before I spent my entire budget on glitter)
- Lip Tars in Hush and Pageant
Why? Ridiculously cheap, reasonable quality
- Mini fan brush
Why? One of my favourite foundations in my kit and was running low on some shades. Were offering six for £85.
- Ultra Foundation Pro in 6 assorted shades
- Lip Glaze in Peach
Beauty So Clean
Why? Keeps all my make-up lovely and hygienic, and I get through a lot of it!
- Cosmetic Sanitiser
(The lady on the stand was kind enough to give me an extra purse-sized bottle free of charge)
The Make-up Artist Boutique
Why? UK stockists of Yaby Cosmetics
- Brow powders in 2, 3 & 4
- Dramatically Neutral Eyeshadow Palette
- Liquid Foundation in Vanilla
Graftobian - I was interested in lip palettes and even though I was the only one at the stand, I was waiting 10 minutes for someone to acknowledge me but they were more interested in talking to each other! Gave up in the end!
Cover FX - thinking about adding this to my kit and wanted to buy one shade to sample but they were only selling kits. The kits were great value but I didn't want to spend that much on something I hadn't fully tested. Still, they were incredibly helpful and I was able to get lots of information.
Temptu - considering a Temptu Air Compressor and they were offering a good deal but struggled to get much information and have concerns about servicing with no support in the UK, so I'm still on the fence.
Overall I had a great time, it was definitely worth attending to get to touch and feel some of the products I'd otherwise only have access to online. If you also went to IMATS, I'd love to hear what you picked up!